Where to stay
Ask Laura if you'd like somebody to ring these hotels!
It would be helpful if you let us know where you are staying.
In the village
There are a couple of options in San Michele village itself:
- Hotel Pomara is a fairly large modern hotel. Laura recently took a group of tourists from the UK to stay here and they were very well looked after.
- B&B "La Ganzaria" has recently opened. Their website has some details in English and lots of photos. There are only five rooms in total - four triples (70 euros for the room / night) and one that sleeps four (80 euros). If you just have two in a room then it's 50 euros per night (for the room).
It's probably best to get Laura to book the B&B directly.
The B&B is now full of wedding guests on the Sunday night at least. We think there is still availability on the Saturday - or at least it's not yet full of wedding guests.
At the reception
There are some rooms available at the Vecchia Masseria, where we are holding the reception. Let us know if you're thinking of staying here - there are only a fairly limited number of rooms available and they will need to booked soon.
Costs are 40 euros a person/night for a double room, or 55 euros for a single.
Elsewhere – hotels
Caltagirone and Piazza Armerina are both nearby and have places to stay. There are buses linking both towns with San Michele di Ganzaria - but they are more frequent to Caltagirone.
- Hotel Selene ***
- Park Hotel Parasiso *** +39 0935 680841
- Torre di Renda ***
- Hotel Gangi ***
- B&B Marconi *** +39 0935 682989
- B&B Pepito ***
- B&B La Casa sulla Collina d'Oro, +39 0935 89680
Some hotels in Caltagirone
Elsewhere – agriturismo
There are many agriturismo nearby - these are rural guest houses that must also actively farm the land, but as I understand the balance between tourism and agriculture varies widely. As they are in the countryside you'll need a car to reach them easily.
There are many places nearby, but mostly they don't have web sites:
- Agriturismo Gigliotto, near San Michele di Ganzaria
- Villa Alida, near Piazza Armerina
- Agricasale, near Piazza Armerina. Camping / camper vans too. +39 0935 686034
- Savoca, near Piazza Armerina. Camping / camper vans too. +39 0935 683078
- Villa Alida, near Piazza Armerina. +39 0935 683011
- Villa Trigona, near Piazza Armerina +39 0935 681896
- Camemi, near Piazza Armerina +39 0338 6390406 / 3183764 [looked pretty shut Nov 08]